Egg Salad with Fennel
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup “American Garden” mayonnaise
- 1 TBLS Dijon mustard
- Tabasco Red chili sauce, and paprika powder a pinch
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt or sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small fresh fennel bulb (cleaned and finely chopped)
- Lettuce and optionally some greens (I suggest some water cress)
- Buttered toasted brown bread (Optional for combination)
1. Cook Hard Boiled Eggs
Place 2 eggs in a shallow flat pan. Cover with cold water, bring to a medium boil, and then reduce to simmer. Cover it now and leave for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove the eggs, rinse with cold water, de-shell them, and keep aside.
2. Prepare the Sauce
A big glass bowl or a Steel salad bowl would be right choice. In the bowl mix/whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Tabasco sauce, and lemon zest. Taste it, because the sauces would have some salt, then salt the mixture accordingly and pepper.
3. Mix the Sauce with Fennel and Egg
Red onion and the fresh cut fennel can be mixed now, coarsely chop eggs and mix them well (take care not to mash it) but mix well. We are done with the salad now.
4. Optionally sprinkle a little smoked paprika powder.
This salad can be spread over beautifully browned buttered bread, with water cress and lettuce. Have it with a hot lemon/Orange tea, and that’s a wonderful Sunday breakfast!!